Friday, July 9, 2010

it's official!

it began as an afterthought. 'oh, that sounds nice.'

now, after much deliberation, some planning (sort of) and much, much talk - i've decided i'm going to do it. in the first two weeks of september, i will cycle the UK from tip to tip - that's lands end to john o'groats (LEJOG). as if that wasn't enough, i plan on doing it entirely on my own - no car, no buddy, and no gps.

in other words, i'm testing my sanity for charity. after all, what else would one do with an oxford degree?

the purpose for this epic journey is to fundraise for Trees for Life, a UK-based charity that is working to restore the caledonian forest. my choices for picking this particular charity and this particular cause will make up part of the content on this blog. this decision will also affect my route, which will also show up here in due time. for now, i have set up a charity giving page which can be found here. (everything is still in the works). for those of you in canada, hang in there and maybe i can work something out that will be tax-deductable for you too.

those who know me also know my err... incidences with bicycles. i promise i will do my best to ensure that this trip will be 'incident' free. full of adventure, no doubt, but incident-free. i will post updates about my training and fundraising here as well, so feel free to comment!

hello uk, here i come!

jf

No comments:

Post a Comment